How to get day name of given date in Java?



Problem Description :


Write a program in Java that prints day name of given date.

Concept :


We are using below method of Calendar class that is present in java.util.* package.

public int get(int field) -> In this method we have to pass Calendar class constant DAY_OF_WEEK and finally this method returns one value from 1-7. After that using switch case we are printing day name.

Recommended :




Java Program :




Output :


Output of Java program that prints day name of given date.
Output - How to print day name of given date in Java?

References :





Thank you friends, I hope you have clearly understood the solution of this problem. If you have any doubt, suggestion or query please feel free to comment below. You can also discuss this solution in our forum.

Tags : Date and Time problems, Get day name, Solution in Java,  String, Regular expressions, DateFormat, SimpleDateFormat, if else statement, switch statement, Calendar.

About Author:

I am simple guy with lot of ambitions. My main motive is to share whatever knowledge I have related to programming. With me you can easily learn how to solve any programming problem in Java.You can connect with me on social networking sites also.


Let's Get Connected: Linkedin | Facebook |

How to get day name of given date in Java? How to get day name of given date in Java? Reviewed by Rohit Agarwal on 12/07/2016 Rating: 5

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this valuable information to our vision.
    JavaOnlinecourse

    ReplyDelete
  2. wat happened to the program i cant load it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today, I was just browsing along and came upon your blog. Just wanted to say good blog and this article helped me a lot, due to which I have found exactly I was looking. Custom Patch Maker

    ReplyDelete
  4. The description is indeed very useful. If you need help writing a narrative essay, you are welcome to contact us immediately, and we will be able to assist you accordingly.

    ReplyDelete

Please provide your valuable comments. If you have any suggestion please share with me I will work on it and if you have any question or doubt please ask, don't hesitate. I am your friend, i will clarify all your doubts.

Powered by Blogger.